Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

H2H3

Background reading.

I participated in this during H2H2, and boy was it a fun time, even though I couldn't make the game with everyone else. I don't remember what the propositions I made were, but it came out to $47, which I then rounded up to a flat $50, which was just enough for poor college student me to be able to donate comfortably without stretching myself thin.

The guys who run it are great to work with, and while it is a little annoying getting letters mailed to me from Children's Hospital of Michigan every other month asking for more (especially when they address me as "Ms. Joseph Cadabes"), the cause is worth it and it's a fun way for many people to give to charity. As is often touted during any fundraising drive, "every little bit counts" and H2H3 is no exception.

In case you decided to skip the background reading I conveniently provided for you (why did you?!), there are 11 games starting in December that will count as "pledge games." During these pledge games, you can make certain bets such as "$2 for every Jimmy Howard save" that will accrue through the listed pledge games. At the end, you'll receive an email with your calculated donation and how you can send it out. Of course, there's always the option to set a minimum standard in case your bets don't come through; for example, if you pledge "$3 for every broken stick" during these games, and no one breaks a single one, you can donate a "minimum $3" if you so choose. And of course, you can bypass the bets all together and just give your donation without the contingencies.

I made my pledges. Have you?

$1 per PIM by every former Red Wing. Minimum $6.

$3 per point by Stephen Weiss against the Florida Panthers. Minimum $6.

$10 bonus if Gustavsson is credited with the win against the Toronto Maple Leafs on 12/21. $5 more if a shutout.

$5 bonus if Lidstrom's number retirement happens at one of the pledge games.

Happy donating!

No comments:

Post a Comment